Saturday, February 28, 2009

The darkness

Extract from my journal from December ‘08

“ Sometimes pain tricks you into thinking there’s something romantic or noble about it. It’s as if you wear your pain like a vail, like you’re nothing without it. It tricks you into thinking it owns you and that it is a part of your essence. You can’t remember a time that it wasn’t part of you. Pain is something you carry around in your soul, everywhere you go. Like leaving it behind will be leaving a part of yourself.

Bu there’s nothing romantic or fairytale-like about pain.

Today I realized that I’m happt. It happened slowly, without a big event or a certain moment in time. I just noticed the difference between today and the last time I was here.

The dark is dark. The light is light. Lighter than you can ever imagine. The Light is worth fighting for.
There’s nothing light about the darkness…it’s only dark”

No comments:

Post a Comment