Monday, March 2, 2009

My first day

Okay so I need to commend myself for making it to 5 o clock today without crying. Then I spoke to my mom on the phone and....that was the end. So sorry if you're calling and I'm not picking up but I am composing myself tonight...

Bad things
- no one at the department has a clue wat real occupational therapy looks like
- personal space is a myth
- lunch hour= lunch as-long-as-you-want
- I dont speak sotho or tsonga therefore am lost on half the conversations around me
- the words referral procedure, protocol and organisation got lost somewhere between here and witbank
- cows in the road on the way to work
- no friendly faces when I walk into my room
- my room is half the size with double the stuff
- rain. all the time.

Good things
-Money! (or at least the prospect of it)
- My neighbour is sweet and makes me coffee when I cry
- The people in the house are nice
- no traffic on the way to work
- ummmm?????
- pasta and wine and feeling sorry enough for myself to indulge
- time for myself
- reading my scriptwriting book and having time for it
- ummmm
- I'll come up with more tomorrow

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karlien.
    The bad things are the places where you can grow and make a difference in other peoples lives. The Good things are the blessings from above to help you with the bad things.
    Stronger is He that is in You then He that is in the world. Remember everything comes in seasons and this time will pass. And when it is done that place will be different becasue of you. Allow Him to love you. Everyting passes but 3 things remain. Faith, Hope and Love of which Love is the greatest.

    ReplyDelete