Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hope

So, today I went to see a disabled patient of mine. He is a
quadraplegic and he recently tried to commit suicide. Funny thing
is, only a few days ago my collegue saw him at his house in the
community smiling and all that.

Talking to him today was...different. There is a sadness behind
his eyes, but somehow he is hopeful, but yet dissapointed in himself.
He said he cannot believe he tried to take the easy way out and that
he thought he was stronger than that. He also said that it felt good,
for a while, not feeling anything, being gone for a while, leaving
earth. He also said he wished he had someone to talk to.

We need to be His hand and His feet. The world sucks. More than ever
I realised it. The devil is winning, for now. We need to be God for
other people. When someone needs a hand, I need to be it for him
and at another time when I need feet someone will be my feet, or my eyes,
or whatever they expect me to be.

I'm so sad for the guy. But I'm hopeful that I can mean something
to him. Someone has to. And you need to mean something to someone.
We can sit around and bitch and moan. Or we can just hold hands
and believe that we will one day be in heaven, making earth
as bearable as possible for now. Our hope if in God and in heaven,
not in the sadness of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment