Friday, June 26, 2009

Judging

Okay so this will be a short blog. Just a thought. Yesterday we were sitting in the lounge waiting for the day to end. Everyone was talking in whatever language again and I was irritated at their lack of manners and communication skills. When I looked up and saw the physiotherapy assistant's eyes. So quick background: She is such a bitch. I'm sorry but she is most of the time. She acts like she rules the department, spies for our boss, constantly checks up on us and gossips behind our backs. She never does anything nice for us and if she does she wants compensation.

So I don't like her. But that day I saw a sadness in her eyes. And I realised. I am a 23 year old girl, I am making more money than she ever will, I am more educated than she'll ever be. I can walk out of that place in a few months and not look back. I have more than she will ever have. This is her place. This is what is known and comfortable to her. This is the only place she matters. Here, she has experience. She knows things. She is the boss. In the "real" world she is nothing. She would be dismissed as nothing more than a simple assistant who gets in the way.

And this doesn't excuse the way she is to us. But her behaviour doesn't excuse mine towards her. It doesn't give me the right to judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment