Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Okay, I’ve been really bummed out the past day…week…month even maybe. And I don’t have any particular reason to be. Which makes me realize the importance of stimulation, loving what you do and having friends. Anyway, so I’m trying something new. Here goes…

Good, nice and positive things about my life and my work at the moment:

- Being the only white person in the hospital (most of the time) provides my co-workers with the once in a lifetime opportunity to play “where’s wally” adapted into “where’s the white girl” at any time they please
- Constantly being in conversations I don’t understand gives me a chance to exercise my creative side and make up what I think they’re talking about
- Being alone almost every night gives me time to think and to write and keep everyone entertained with my blog, he he
- Being single gives me that chance to scope out hot guys and practise my flirting skills guilt-free
- I’m getting to know my computer very well
- I get time to read

Okay this is pretty dumb. In a good way of course J

So let’s tell a funny story about my day today:

We were out in the community in the middle of (insert word here) and nowhere and the optometrist was still busy with patients so the psychometrist (dude that does IQ tests) went off to a “shop”. When we were done we picked him up at the shop. Turns out it’s a shabeen and he was on his 4th beer (in working hours). Not giving a shit he climbs into the government car with an unfinished black label and red eyes. A few metres down the line we get stopped by traffic cops (which we never do because they don’t usually stop government cars.) In the end the police just checked the vehicle and didn’t spot the alcohol. I gotta say, I don’t know if the guy is just ignorant and dumb or a really good actor. Just another day in the public health service…joy.


Oh, and I realise my blogs are a bit dark these days. They will get happier again. And hopefully funnier. But if you don't like it, stop reading. I'm blogging for myself more than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment