Wednesday, April 22, 2009

God is goooooooddd!!

Recently I had to let something go that I really didn’t want to let go. And today I realized the value of it. God’s been telling me for a while that this wasn’t good for me and this was something I just had to let go of. And as soon as I made the decision it was like a new world went open for me. And now I just want to publicly give God credit for this. He knows what’s good for us and what we need to do. Previously when I had to make a decision like this I would think about it for months on end, I would go round and round torturing myself before deciding and finally doing it. And this time I decided it was the best way, consulted some of my God-friends and did it. And now I’m free. God really knows best! Usually we try to make up these complicated answers, but I’ve learned that the simplest answer is usually God’s way. More often that not we know the truth and the right thing, we are just to stubborn/scared to do it. It’s scary, I know. It’s like leaping off a cliff or jumping off a bridge and not knowing if someone will catch you. But God will. And most of the time we know the answer. We know the right thing. We’re just to comfortable/scared to do it.

It’s like the story where the girl saved all her money to buy plastic pearls. Finally she scratched everything she had together and bought them. When she got home her father asked her to give him the pearls. At first she didn’t want to, she had saved her last money to get them! And her father didn’t take them, he just asked. Finally she gave in and gave them to her father. Then her father took them, and replaced them with real pearls. But she had to make the decision to give them up!

If God asks you to give something up it’s not because he sits in heaven trying to think of ways to torture us or make us miserable. He always asks things of us for our own good.

And don’t get me wrong, I’ve become a fan of the “feel good NOW” club. I’d do things that give me compensation now. I’d do things to make me feel good right away, that made me get through the day. But God wants you to get through this life. It might not always be comfortable or easy, but he wants to let you grow. God looks into the future and sees the rewards, where we look at the present or a day or two in advance. God’s answer is never the quickest, easiest way. His answer is long-term. He demands hard work and perseverance and often sacrifice. But the rewards is always eternal.

And you might not see the fruits right now. You might not even see the reason. But if there’s been this nagging, persistent thought at the back of your mind, deal with it now. Don’t put if off another second. Don’t run around repeating the same mistakes. Give it up. Give it to God. He is more worth it than anything this world can offer you!! Please, this took me a long time to learn and I am sure I will make the mistake again. But listen to God. Listen. You know what to do.

Wise words: Advice is what we ask when we know the answer but don’t like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment